Monday, January 6, 2014

Foundation Sample Smorgasboard #2

I had the opportunity to pick up new foundation samples recently.  I'm not really in the market for foundation as I have quite a few I'm trying to work my way through, but if something amazing comes along, I could be easily swayed.

For reference, I've been matched to NW43 at MAC.  During the winter, good matches for me include  Chanel Perfection Lumiere #94 and Dior NudeSkin Finish in #63 during the summer.

Hope this helps, it's a combination of foundations and BB creams.  Not all the colours are a match for me, but I wanted to give a representation of the colours that are out there.
foundation swatches, WOC
From L-R:  Lancome Teint Visionnaire Suede 500 W, By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Wrinkle Control Serum Foundation #9 Intense Mocha; Chanel Perfection #94, Dior Hydralife BB Creme #3, Dior NudeSkin BB Creme #4

foundation swatches, Chanel, By Terry, Dior BB Cream

lancome
From L-R:  Lancome Teint Visionnaire Suede 500 W, By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Wrinkle Control Serum Foundation #9 Intense Mocha; Chanel Perfection #94, Dior Hydralife BB Creme #4, Dior Nude BB Creme #4 
I put the Chanel up for reference.  I know it looks the most red/orange, but I swear, once it's on my skin it adjusts and blends right in.  I've heard others complain about oxidation but  I have never noticed this on my own skin.

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Supercharged Foundation in 84 Cocoa Medium.  I have a whole separate review here. I like this one a lot.  It's on my wish list and I will probably purchase during the summer after I hopefully finish something else.

Tarte BB Tinted Treated 12 Hour Moisturizer Primer Broad Sprectrum Spf 30 in 04 Tan
This blends in seamlessly with my skin but ugghhhh, the silicones!  I'm not a fan over an over-abundance of silicones in products. This just feels slick and it doesn't take long for it to slide a little bit.  I feel like I need a powder with this one, and I don't have oily skin. The really good thing is the high SPF.  EVERYBODY needs SPF every single day.
Lancome Teint Visionnaire Suede #500, By Terry, Marc Jacobs, Tarte BB Cream, Chanel, Dior Hydralife BB Creme #3 and Dior Nude BB Creme#4


From Top L and clockwise: Lancome, By Terry, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Tarte, Dior and Dior
Dior Nude BB #4 - this is a good colour match.  I preferred the colour of this on my skin compared to the Hydralife BB Creme.  Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between the two Dior BB cream with the exception to colour.  I would choose this simply because of the broader colour range.

Dior HydraLife BB Creme #3- this is just a little too pale for me.  But other than the colour it is really smooth and flawless.  Very lightweight, blends right in and I don't really have to think about it.  I've mixed it with the slightly darker BB Creme #4 for a better match.
foundation samples, women of colour
By Terry is the darkest of the lot and will be perfect for the summer.
By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Wrinkle Control Serum Foundation #9 Intense Mocha - I WANT THIS!  I WANT THIS BAD! This colour is a little too dark for me right now, but I think it's going to be a great match during the summer.  This feels incredibly good on the skin, it's supposed to be 50% serum, so a "skincare" foundation.  If it sounds too good to be true, that's because it is... it's $115 for a bottle.  I'm going to need convincing to make that splurge.

Lancome Suede Teint Visionnaire 500 Suede W - thisis the one I have used the least.  And I don't have the corresponding concealer part of the jar.  It was smooth and blendable but I'm afraid I need to keep using it a little bit to truly form a good opinion.

Sometimes I wonder if my co-workers find it strange that I come in to work with my face coloured differently.  I don't wear foundation everyday, and I'm not consistent as to what I do wear when I do wear it.  They are probably amused that some days I may appear pale, and others orangey, and others super-tan!  But I do enjoy trying on foundations for you guys.  1st world problems.

Thanks for stopping by and stay blessed. Don't forget to check out my other foundation sample post here.




2 comments:

  1. Wow what an extensive review. When I wear foundation I usually turn to Bare Minerals. From your swatches I think #2 & #3 from the left look like they would work best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried BareMinerals. Which one would you recommend for someone with dry sensitive skin?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are VERY welcome! But please keep it classy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...