Thursday, January 9, 2014

November & December - Final Empties Post for 2013

Hi ladies!

My final empties post from 2013, how exciting!  Next up will be my 2013 favourites.  Then I can move on to 2014 with a bang!

This post is going to be mainly pic heavy.  We are in the process of closing up our soon-to-be rental property and move into our new home, so this post is "fuller" than usual.  During the packing process, I decided to TOSS more  products than normal so that I only take with me that which I truly want in the new space.
empties skincare product pan lancome tonique confort
The goodies bag - all used up!



Skincare included a hodge-podge of products:
Say Yes to Carrots Moisturizing Body Wash - the formula has changed.  I'm not too sure what the difference is, but this feels more watery, less moisturizing.  I'm currently using a shea soap and totally in love with it so won't repurchase for a while.
Cerave Sunscreen Body SPF 30 - left me looking a little ashy, but worked like magic.
Keracare Leave-In Conditioner - total repurchase!
Kroger brand Acne Gel 10% Benzyol Peroxide - this worked great.  Dried those zits write up.  BUT, every time I used this, there was a corresponding scar left behind.  Gave up on it after the 4th scar - TOSSED!
Lancome Tonique Confort - I was using this mainly when I travel.  It's very non-stripping, and it has no alcohol, which I find too drying.  This was a very generous sample, but I will not purchase. There was a little left but I TOSSED it.
BioTrue Contact Lens Cleaner - take care of your eyes ladies!!

Make-up Products
I didn't think I had used up so many products these last two more months, but there is so much in there! I finished some lippies!  I've been using lippies like a crazy woman on a quest to reduce the stash and I think its working. 
2013 Empties
YSL Rouge Volupte #9 and Chanel Rouge Allure in Impertinence
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #9 Nude in Private - one of my favourite lippies.  Already repurchased and highly recommended.  My lips have been buttery soft ever since I started using this.
Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Impertinence - this was a great plummy nude colour.  Very slippery though, if I didn't use lipliner it would travel a little bit.  I don't think it's available anymore, but I swear, if I find it at a counter I will grab it!
Milani & Confetti nail polishes
Nail polishes  Milani, Confetti and some random brand.  I don't often buy or wear nail polish, so they sit around separating and getting TOSSED out.

lancome hypnose chanel le volume milani baked bronzer elf armani eyes to kill
Mascaras and Milani Baked Bronzer
Chanel Le Volume Mascara - my absolute holy grail mascara.  I think this is my third tube.  I love the fat lashes it gives me. Will repurchase again and again!
Lancome Hypnose Star - honestly, I bought this for the Elbar Lanvin packaging.  So cute.  But I found this too wet, it just smudged constantly and made a mess all over.
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill - I think I might have waited too long to use this.  It was a little drier than what I expected.  It took a lot of layers to get the look I wanted.  Honestly, I just ended up tossing this after less than a month, life is too short to waste on disappointing mascara. TOSSED.
Elf liquid liner - tried this to figure out if I wanted to return to the world of liquid lingers.  This was terrible, and plasticky.  Let's just say that I am still on the fence. TOSSED.
Random samples and bits and bobs
Random bits and bobs, mainly foundation samples, a used up foundation sponge and perfume samples.

Total:
Used Up:
2 mascaras
1 mascara/lippie combo
I body wash
1 lipstick
I lipgloss
1 haircare product
2 skincare products

Tossed:
1 mascara
1 bronzer
1 eyeliner
3 nail polishes

Thanks so much for stopping by, and stay blessed and beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. "I don't often buy or wear nail polish." You wound me Neo!�� I want everybody to buy and wear nail polish:) I've been using the Yes to Carrots brand since I read your post. I just finished the body wash, and I ended up really liking their grapefruit wipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grapefruit wipes are my favourite in that range.

      I'm so bad with nail polish. I'm that girl running around with chipped nails so going polish free is better for me.

      Delete
  2. Happy new year Neo...:) wishing you a fabulous year of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks my dear! and thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you the best in 2014 as well!

      Delete

Comments are VERY welcome! But please keep it classy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...